Acer Aspire Vero Now Available to Buy in the UK – With 100 Trees Planted for Each Unit Sold.
London, UK (November 2021)
- The Acer Aspire Vero is an eco-friendly and upgradeable laptop, Acer’s first step on the way to pioneering a green PC that utilizes PCR plastic across the entire chassis and is now available in UK retailers from £649-£849.
- Acer UK have partnered with Ecologi to plant trees across their many different reforestation projects, customers will be able to visit the virtual forests to see exactly where their trees will be planted. Visit https://ecologi.com/aceruk to find out more.
- Acer UK partners with Computers4Charities in a tech recycling initiative to encourage less tech waste and upcycling for people in need on devices.
- Available from Currys, Amazon and the Acer Store. Images here – https://we.tl/t-9JARMBJGYG
The Acer Group Global Commitment.
Back in May 2021, The Acer Group announced that it had joined the RE100 initiative and shared a pledge to achieve 100% renewable energy use by the year 2035. Acer declared its mission to help tackle environmental challenges with its “Earthion” platform that unites the strengths of its employees and supply chain partners and expands the circle of impact of its sustainability efforts.
Acer Aspire Vero – Green Laptop
More than just a stylish computer, the Acer Aspire Vero (AV15-51) is a tangible manifestation of Acer’s commitment to more sustainable operations. Its chassis is composed of 30% PCR plastic, cutting CO2 emissions by 21% [] for the production of that part. The keycaps also contain 50% PCR plastic, and the Aspire Vero’s award-winning 100% recyclable packaging can be repurposed as a DIY laptop stand. From there, a thoughtful design helps to eliminate needless waste by making it easy to disassemble, repair, upgrade and recycle the computer or its components. Running the newly released Windows 11 operating system, it’s incredibly easy to use, too.
The green PC’s 99% recyclable 15.6-inch FHD IPS display is powered by 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors and Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics[], so users can count on world-class performance and productivity when they need it. When working on less demanding tasks, Acer’s new VeroSense™ software gives users the option of selecting a usage mode that has been optimized for energy efficiency and battery life. Features like Wi-Fi 6, a Type-C USB port and two Type-A USB ports make for a more reliable usage experience, while Acer TrueHarmony™ and Acer PurifiedVoice™ with AI noise reduction allow for crystal-clear conference calls.
Aspire Vero – Windows 11
- Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor
- RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 512 GB SSD
- Full HD screen
- Intel® Core™ i7-1195G7 Processor
- RAM: 16 GB / Storage: 1 TB SSD
- Full HD screen
100 trees planted in your name.
Customers will be able to register to plant 100 trees to carbon offset the manufacture and shipping of the device by registering their devices via this website.
Acer UK has partnered with Ecologi to plant trees across their many different projects, including reforestation planting in the UK and preserving Amazonian Rainforests in Brazil.
2nd Life for Your Old Device.
Something Acer UK recognises if the responsibility of what happens to the tech after customers are finished with them or upgrade to a new product as e-waste is at an all time high in the UK up by 21% ( [iii])
Partnering up with Computers4Charity, customers are able to donate old, used, working or broken laptops or devices to be collected, safely data wiped and sent to someone who really needs it.
The products are taken to a completely secure facility where each device will be given a second life through refurbishment, saving the planet from 30kg of CO2 emissions*.
Computers4Charity is a purely charitable non-profit company providing previously unemployed young people with jobs and training under the government’s “Kick Start” scheme and create social value from the refurbishing process.
The devices are given to re-hab facilities, young carers, homeless youth, hospices, charity volunteers, unemployed veterans and UK charities supporting schools in Africa.